Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Author Topic: OKR-T10 passthru w/ volt-ohm meter...  (Read 1912 times)

Offline mamu

• View Profile
OKR-T10 passthru w/ volt-ohm meter...
« on: May 09, 2014, 02:12:11 PM »
This was suppose to be an OKL2-T20 passthru mod, but ran out of room inside the case for it so used an OKR-T10 instead.  Thank goodness for the tiny size of the OKR else I'd have to find a bigger case after I'd already done all this work with this case.

For this project, I used Hammond 1455D801BU (80mm x 45mm x 25mm) and modded the Omnitester's volt-ohm meter and circuitry to fit inside the case.

Source input to power the volt-ohm meter can't be done with using an 8.4v source or a 12v power supply - the higher volts will fry the circuitry.  The Omnitester has an internal 3.7v lipo battery.  I didn't want to put that batt inside the mod though and have to have a usb port for charging it plus I didn't have room for it, so I used a 4v 250mA LDO to power the meter. 

I had designed for a DPST switch to power on/power off source input with the LDO input and the meter's output with the converter's output, but decided the actuator of the switch I had bought was too flimsy and wouldn't hold up, and of course I decided this after I had already drilled the hole in the case for the DPST switch.  >:(

So I used 2x SPST tact switches and plugged the hole that I had drilled for the DPST switch.

The meter and its circuitry take up almost the whole inside of the case, so I reckon it's not really feasible to make mods with it, but I really like the small size and the blue display matches my case.   :cheesy:

Couple of disadvantages with the Omnitester.  It only displays to the tenth, not to the hundreth - so lose that fine detail for ohms and it only displays up to 9.9 volts.  I didn't wire for displaying source input volts then since I'm using a 12v power supply.

displays output volts...

displays atty ohms...

side-by-side with my DNA passthru mod...

Offline junquedujour

• 1K Member
    • View Profile
Re: OKR-T10 passthru w/ volt-ohm meter...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 04:50:43 PM »
sure is pr'E!

there's alot of doohickies on there to play with, so these are probably gonna sound like really stupid questions.

if i read the above correctly, the tact switches are the power on/off, right?
is the dial for adjusting the voltage?
what does the black button on the side (above the tact switches) do and what does the black switch on the front do?

Offline Vatic vapor

• Assministrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 07:47:43 PM »
totally awesome, Mamu!
Considering a "Vatic" is named after Vatic, I'd say Vatic.

Offline mamu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 07:49:34 PM »
It is purdy.  I love these cases - especially the blue ones.

1 tact switch powers on/off the LDO that powers the meter
1 tact switch powers on/off the volt-ohm meter

the black button on the side was where I was putting the DPST switch which would have done what both the tact switches do.  I changed my mind about using that switch cuz I decided I didn't like it and had already drilled the hole for the switch so it's a plug.

the dial on the front adjusts the voltage.

the black switch on the front below the voltage dial switches to displaying output voltage or atty ohms.

Offline junquedujour

• 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 09:17:16 PM »
ahhh ok. thanks!

SpaceCiggysForum

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 09:17:16 PM »

Enterprise © Bloc
Page created in 0.098 seconds with 16 queries.