Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Author Topic: Itaste MVP Ver2.0  (Read 34901 times)

Offline KilgoreTrout

• The Lightbulb King
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
  • Go take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut.
    • View Profile
Itaste MVP Ver2.0
« on: October 09, 2013, 09:44:41 PM »
Since Frank warned me not to get an MVP, I went ahead and got one.  $47 shipped on ebay. I got a black one.
I will update this thread with shit that I do and don't like, failures of any kind, etc.

Review:
I've only had it for like 2hrs. It vapes good. It works with all the shit I've put on it, including evods (ego/510 threaded). 
It seems to show ohm values a little bit high (.2 high), so it looks like it doesn't compensate for internal resistance. Oh well. Doesn't really bother me.
It only goes to 5v or 11w. If you vape dual coils, it may be an issue for you. Same if you vape single coils above 3ohms or so. Doesn't bother me because it's hitting hard with my 2.8ohm A7 and the supplied "iclear 16" 2ohm dual coil thing. I have it set on 9W for the dc because it burns it at 11. 9W is warm and plenty of vapor, though.
The thing is heavier than I expected. Fine by me, but I was sort-of hoping it was lighter so I could carry it in a chest pocket more comfortably. Oh well. It feels fucking solid, which is good.
It charges using micro USB. Same as my phone. Very nice.
When you set it upright, it wobbles some because the output power selector switch (for charging things off the mod) protrudes a bit. I just pushed on the edges of the switch with a stick and now it's flush. No more issue.
I haven't tested really the battery life, but it's still showing 4.1V like it did when I opened it 2hr ago. More on that later.

Biggest cons that I've read about.....
Fire button is hard to press: Yeah, it sort-of is. It's tight and clicky. It doesn't really bother me, but I am hoping it will loosen up just a little bit. If it doesn't, oh fucking well, but people say that it does. Not nearly as hard to press as people made it out to be.
Menu is weird: Yeah, it sort-of is. But it's easy as fuck to use. Hold the watts button and it switches to watts mode to allow you to turn up the watts. Hold the voltage button and it does the same. Push both of them together and it shows you the resistance of your atty (quickly, too, I might add). Hold them both down and you get the battery charge voltage. Easy as fuck to use/figure out as soon as you pick the thing up.

I'm hoping this sonofabitch lasts me 2 days of vaping, but 2600mah is a stretch.
However, considering that it charges with micro-USB and you can vape while charging and I have micro-usb ports every-fucking-where for my phone, I think it should be charged indefinitely.  If not, it will be charging on my night stand beside my phone every night. 
The iclear 16s that came with it actually aren't terrible. They're a dual coil mini-vivi nova type clearomizer thing. They are dry-ish but vapable. Dryer and shittier as you use up the juice. Typical top coil, but slightly better than most.

Size comparison with 18650 provari.

Offline Frank the Skank

• Nipple Cunt Toast
  • 1K Member
  • You may gershplunk my plumvargus.
    • View Profile
Re: Itaste MVP Ver2.0
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 10:21:10 PM »
When that bitch breaks, you shall rue the day!

And if not a rue has cometh, you shall be minorly inconvenienced!

For real though, I thought they were neat boxes too. Solid as fuck - you could run over the fucker and it'll still fire. It's a lot like Vatic though, tries to compensate for the soft, weak insides by trying too hard on the outside.

Rue the day!
Наша шатия на протяжении многих парение приобрела заметный зрелость на сфере сборки мебели. Я выполняем свою работу неплохо да во срок. У всех наших мастеров нет переводу кадровый инструмент да опыт работы по сборке с 5лет.

Offline KilgoreTrout

• The Lightbulb King
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 07:30:34 AM »
Taste it, Love it Frank!  :D

But yeah, I'm hoping it lasts ok for me. I like most things about it so far. The decent battery size and the micro-usb thing is pretty cool. And $47 is cool.
This is actually my first vw mod unless you count a kick clone. It annoys me how so many of the cheap vw mods are so fucking long. This isn't small, but at least it's not a baseball bat.

Offline Paradiso

• U B Sum Boring Motherfuckers
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 04:00:47 PM »
Agree with you every step of the way KT

I've had mine about 2 weeks and the button has loosened up a fair amount.

I got the one with the iclear 30 and I can't believe how much I like it. I bought more heads for it because they look like way too much of a PIA to rebuild.
mj is faget

Offline KilgoreTrout

• The Lightbulb King
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 06:05:39 PM »
I thought about getting the kit with the iclear30 thing but it was more expensive on ebay.  I figured I'd hate them both, so I just got the cheaper one. :D
The mod is still going strong on the "out of the box" charge from 8pm yesterday when I opened it.
It's showing 3.8V left on the battery (still green) and my puff counter is at 580 for the day. Fucking puff counters.
I'm fearing that the battery voltage reading is stuck, though. It's been 3.8 for like 4hrs. lol....

I did wrap a new coil for the A7 when I got home, though. The other one was almost 2months old and going from 2.6 to 3.2ohms.  Then I broke it trying to take a wrap out. :D
I can tell this new 1.7ohm coil is going to be a winner, though. Huge vapor and the taste settled right in.

I noticed that the MVP is now reading the same ohms as my provari?  Last night it was like .3ohms higher on the MVP on 2 different attys.  I don't fucking know why it seems to be working now. 

Offline KilgoreTrout

• The Lightbulb King
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 08:12:05 AM »
Ok, so now it's 915am on day 2. I reset the puff counter at 777, but it's up to 55 now.
I know I reset the counter at least twice in the first few hours I had it, so I'm guessing about 1000 puffs total so far. :D
The battery indicator is still fucking green and the readout says 3.7V. I haven't charged it at at all yet. I have this suspicion that it's either going to drop loke a rock soon, or it's going to shut off with no warning. Lol..

Offline KilgoreTrout

• The Lightbulb King
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 08:31:15 AM »
Spoke too soon. The battery indicator is yellow now. But the display still says 3.7V.
Loaded vs unloaded is now my suspicion.

Offline KilgoreTrout

• The Lightbulb King
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 01:22:30 PM »
It turned red by 1130am - 3.5V on the display - 130 puffs on the counter
Dead by 1227pm - 3.3V on the display - 150 puffs on the counter

I plugged it in at 1240pm and I could immediately hit it again. (which is a nice feature)
But I've already hit it 49 times since I put it on the charger so I'm guessing this will take a while. Lol... 

Offline KilgoreTrout

• The Lightbulb King
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 01:29:48 PM »
I'm really going to bore you fuckers with this bullshit. :D

Note! - when I first put it on the charger, the solid charging light was red. In 5mins, it went from red to yellow (3.3V to 3.6V).
5mins after that, the light went from yellow to green (3.6V to 3.7V).
It's been solid green ever since.   

Offline mj

• Benevolent Dictator Twat
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 01:41:25 PM »
LOL.  Better than twatter, don't have to read about how many shits you took today.  Lunchtime break for me anyway.

ETA:  Fast charge, sounds like a LIPO.
Fortune favors the bold.  Leave it all on red and hold my beer.

Offline KilgoreTrout

• The Lightbulb King
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 02:26:18 PM »
It says it takes 4-5hrs on the website. That seems pretty decent. 
I have one of those 5v/1amp usb sockets for my car, so that fucker should see what's what. :D

Sidenote:  I have found the supplied charging cable much too short for my passthrough needs. It's only like 18" long. Wtf.

Btw, I have not taken a shit yet today and it's bothering me.

Offline KilgoreTrout

• The Lightbulb King
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 06:58:43 PM »
Ok, so it took about 5hrs to fully charge (light out) but I had to unplug it and move like 4 times so it was really like 4-4.5hrs.  And i hit it 254 times while it was charging. LOL...

So that's not bad, imo. It came off the charger at 4.2V on the readout.

My next test is going to see how long it vapes after I use it to fully charge my blackberry.  Stay tuned, guys and gals. This is gonna rock!!  :D

Offline thinman

• Invisible
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 07:11:11 PM »
The anticipation is killing me. :D

Offline mj

• Benevolent Dictator Twat
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 07:13:39 PM »
Yeah, this is definitely boring as all fuck.  Intermission:

Fortune favors the bold.  Leave it all on red and hold my beer.

Offline KilgoreTrout

• The Lightbulb King
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 07:13:50 PM »
I need to figure out a quicker way to kill this blackberry battery.

I don't want you good people to be in agony. :D

SpaceCiggysForum

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 07:13:50 PM »

Enterprise © Bloc
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 18 queries.