Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Author Topic: If anybody still mods or needs a dremel...  (Read 2600 times)

Offline mj

• Benevolent Dictator Twat
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
If anybody still mods or needs a dremel...
« on: May 30, 2015, 12:01:48 PM »
Here's a kickass price on a generic one.  I'm tempted to buy one but I will probably never kill the one I have...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tough-106-Piece-Rotary-Tool-Kit/39590574
Fortune favors the bold.  Leave it all on red and hold my beer.

Offline team420

• shoulda listened....
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
Re: If anybody still mods or needs a dremel...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 01:55:12 PM »
Wow... Thats not bad at all...   Its prolly a p.o.s. that wouldnt last a month tho.
Some people invent the slurpee, and some people just work at 7-11.

Offline mj

• Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 02:36:16 PM »
Like your ecig gear.  I've had decent luck with generic power tools myself.  Most of the stuff that I don't use often comes from harbor freight or northern, cuz why pay triple for something you use every few years.  I like that better than renting.  I actually still have a power snake like the roto-rooter guys use kinda, saved me money by 3rd use.  Found the real issue with the outflow line after the fourth use, fixed that and then it has sat since.  But I'll hang onto it as long as I own property, cuz who knows.

Offline Blewt

• Easily Confused Penis
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
  • I have a problem with moderation.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 03:32:37 PM »
I'd definitely wear eye protection with that cheap sumbitch.  That's a cornea injury waiting to happen.
No oral or dirty trombone and I am in.
I will give you a taint massage though.

Offline mj

• Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 05:25:17 PM »
Probly even left the sissy guard on your new weedeater. :D

Offline Vatic vapor

• Assministrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 06:09:27 PM »
I've been using a real dremel for about 25 years. I've had 3, 2 of which are still functioning. That is a really good deal tho, it would be worth it just to have the bits, case and accessories.
Considering a "Vatic" is named after Vatic, I'd say Vatic.

Offline team420

• shoulda listened....
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 06:21:21 PM »
Yeah... I usually buy specialty tools from hf. cuz like you said... they only get used so often, and are worth the money...  that being said... specialty tools made of metal, rarely break...  when it comes to power tools.... I've already learned the hard way... spend some dough, or they'll let ya down when ya need them most.

Offline Vatic vapor

• Assministrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 06:32:07 PM »
Yeah... I usually buy specialty tools from hf. cuz like you said... they only get used so often, and are worth the money...  that being said... specialty tools made of metal, rarely break...  when it comes to power tools.... I've already learned the hard way... spend some dough, or they'll let ya down when ya need them most.

Which is all fine and dandy, if you live round the corner from an Autozone. personally,.... I hate it when shit breaks. I'd rather spend the extra cheese and have something you can depend on. but in this case and for most jobs, the is an excellent purchase.

Offline mj

• Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 06:37:59 PM »
Every Autozone should be burnt to the ground.  I ain't walking back inna one of those suck places ever again.

Offline Vatic vapor

• Assministrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 06:41:34 PM »
They've pissed me off too, quite a few times, just like radio shack but they're everywhere and one is always close by.

#mjustsayin

Offline team420

• shoulda listened....
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 06:51:38 PM »
Every Autozone should be burnt to the ground.  I ain't walking back inna one of those suck places ever again.

^THIS^  I have a napa, and a local yokel parts store right down the road...  local yekel is usually the cheapest, but napa usually gets the order right the first time.  Nothing worse than getting your car all tore apart on a saturday night to find out the idiots at the parts store ordered the wrong part....  Nearest parts store open on sunday is a 2 hour round trip....  so I usually just pay the few extra bucks to napa to get the right part. They have messed up too, but far less often than the idiots at the other place.... 

When I sy specialty tools, I mean like a ball joint press kit, or a wheel axle nut socket, or inner tie rod tool...  if you break shit like that, you shouldnt be working on vehicles in the first place....

Offline mj

• Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 07:01:52 PM »
Autozone being close makes me no diff anymore, the last 3 parts resulted in 2 returns, they are buying some pretty awful non-oem parts.  I'll make the drive elsewhere or click it here online from now on, fuck 'em.  I like Northern and Harbor freight, but they are a 45 minute roundtrip drive, I can click it here for about the same cost.  I just don't let most broken stuff get classified as an 'emergency' anymore.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 07:05:05 PM by mj »

Offline team420

• shoulda listened....
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 08:32:41 PM »
Autozone being close makes me no diff anymore, the last 3 parts resulted in 2 returns, they are buying some pretty awful non-oem parts.  I'll make the drive elsewhere or click it here online from now on, fuck 'em.  I like Northern and Harbor freight, but they are a 45 minute roundtrip drive, I can click it here for about the same cost.  I just don't let most broken stuff get classified as an 'emergency' anymore.

Pretty much same here...  hf is about an hour away...  my main office is about a 5 min walk from there, and I have to go to the main office at least twice a month. I usually just stock up on shit I "might need" at some future date.  I still dont have a dremmel, or a swazall tho...  I've broken every single one I've ever touched...  idk what the deal with dremmels is... I usually only use them to sharpen the chains for my saw, the sawzall is pretty obvious... they aint meant to cut thru some of the shit I cut thru, but they eventually get the job done. 

I just inherited a set of oxy torches, and a sweet stick/mig/tig welder...  now I gotta figure out how to make a 220v outlet outta to 30a 100's in my shop.... but the torches should make life easier on the sawzall's

SpaceCiggysForum

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 08:32:41 PM »

Enterprise © Bloc
Page created in 0.126 seconds with 17 queries.