Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Author Topic: A Review of the IStick 30w....  (Read 5699 times)

Offline USAGeorge

• Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
A Review of the IStick 30w....
« on: April 03, 2015, 01:48:35 PM »
      The Definitive Review by Me,,Let me explain how honest I am and am not a skell nor a shill for the products.
 And while your at it click on the like button so I can make some money...Intro song to follow...nice and long just the way we reviewers are....

The review,,,
 It works rather well..when I can find it...con's I've been vaping this device for 40-80 seconds and I haven't a clue if it will last for more than a day..It's smaller than I thought,even though people kept saying it was small,go figure.huh!
 Anyway I like the 1 ohm coil,,,1 sec at 10 amps,,did I mention it's really small?
l
Do as you please at the end of some day to come you'll joint the eternal dreamless sleep, dreaming like a rock.

Offline KilgoreTrout

• The Lightbulb King
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
  • Go take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut.
    • View Profile
Re: A Review of the IStick 30w....
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 04:57:04 PM »
Awesome review, George.

Offline USAGeorge

• Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 06:08:24 PM »
Awesome review, George.
ty KY... The MVP gave me a case of button finger, it'd dying also,,gave good duty and deserves an ice cream but no sprinkles as Flo would say..
Do as you please at the end of some day to come you'll joint the eternal dreamless sleep, dreaming like a rock.

Offline KilgoreTrout

• The Lightbulb King
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 06:11:49 PM »
yeah, I like the isticks better than the mvp. Smaller, more power, better button, etc.
I'm really thinking about getting a lemo for mine. I really do think I'd like the airflow better, and I've been using the same r91 for like 18 months or some shit.

Offline Vatic vapor

• Assministrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 01:11:57 PM »
10amps?...Damn, George.  Still, outstanding review, I for one enjoyed the intro immensely.
Considering a "Vatic" is named after Vatic, I'd say Vatic.

Offline mj

• Benevolent Dictator Twat
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 03:52:09 PM »
Yeah I take for granted how small they are now, but I recall the experience at first.  I rotate 2 of the 20W, have 1 still in the box, and then one sits where my wife pretends to try it still for a while.  Major bang for buck, well done device.
Fortune favors the bold.  Leave it all on red and hold my beer.

Offline KilgoreTrout

• The Lightbulb King
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 04:32:20 PM »
Yeah, I've been rotating 2 of the 20w ones for a few months now. Cheap shit for working so good.

Offline mj

• Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 06:43:53 PM »
I'm enjoying them as much as my new Hdmi cables, my ssd, my new led lightbulbs, and Kodi.  A nice run of stuff really getting better.

Sent via old Tapatwat 2.4.1

Offline team420

• shoulda listened....
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 07:48:29 PM »
Hmm... Led light bulbs...  Someone really needs to do a review!  I like the 2 I own, but honestly...  A bud of mine works at the dump in gray me, he brought home 6, 5 gal pails full of cfl bulbs that all work...  Needless to say, I won't be buying light bulbs for a while :D
Some people invent the slurpee, and some people just work at 7-11.

Offline mj

• Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 09:11:57 PM »
CFL's at their best still just suck.  I've had LED stairway lights for years now.  The 40 W equivalent A19 style led's you can get now for less than $4 a bulb are the bomb, you get the 5000K daylight ones, illumination acts more like 60W.  They only pull like 5-6W.  I've started putting them in slowly.  We have 3 outdoors of those that run 12 hrs a day, dusk to dawn, payback in 1.5 months I think and they are supposed to run like 5-6 years.  Next up is the crazyass vanity G25 fixtures we have, 8 bulbs x 40W, they burn out fast and the women leave the fuckers on a couple hours a day.

I've got a decent cache of the old edison bulbs, they either go to goodwill or maybe I'll put em on ebay in a few years for the tin hatters.

The LED prices still suck at retail stores unless you're in a subsidized area, all hail Amazon.  These are the ones I've been buying on Amazon: B00HNEPPJM
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 09:24:26 PM by mj »

Offline Gabby

• 1K Member
  • I am not you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 10:35:42 PM »
CFL's at their best still just suck.  I've had LED stairway lights for years now.  The 40 W equivalent A19 style led's you can get now for less than $4 a bulb are the bomb, you get the 5000K daylight ones, illumination acts more like 60W.  They only pull like 5-6W.  I've started putting them in slowly.  We have 3 outdoors of those that run 12 hrs a day, dusk to dawn, payback in 1.5 months I think and they are supposed to run like 5-6 years.  Next up is the crazyass vanity G25 fixtures we have, 8 bulbs x 40W, they burn out fast and the women leave the fuckers on a couple hours a day.

I've got a decent cache of the old edison bulbs, they either go to goodwill or maybe I'll put em on ebay in a few years for the tin hatters.

The LED prices still suck at retail stores unless you're in a subsidized area, all hail Amazon.  These are the ones I've been buying on Amazon: B00HNEPPJM

As our Edison/CFL's wear out I'm replacing with LED's.  What's with the multiple bulb fixtures?  I hate the ones in my master bath.  3 bulbs above each sink. WTF!  I don't want to see myself that well.   I need more illusion as I get older.  Maybe I'll glaze the mirrors with gauze or some shit....soften the lines.  ;)
"What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?"
"Don't know, don't care."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If anyone finds my motivation wandering around, could you please send its lazy ass home? I have shit to do.

Offline mj

• Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 11:25:38 PM »
As our Edison/CFL's wear out I'm replacing with LED's.  What's with the multiple bulb fixtures?  I hate the ones in my master bath.  3 bulbs above each sink. WTF!  I don't want to see myself that well.   I need more illusion as I get older.  Maybe I'll glaze the mirrors with gauze or some shit....soften the lines.  ;)

What can I say?  They wanna see themselves real good when they are putting on makeup and doing their hair.  Gotta remember we still have a 19 yo around sometimes too.  I give zero shits, if I had my way only two of the bulbs would be on.  Those fixtures are what they wanted when I replaced them 12 years ago, and money was just falling outta the sky into my pocket.  Now, I'm trimming everywhere I can to live on 2008 wages with costs that have gone through the roof and trying to pay down debt and maximize retirement savings.  It's working, I'm gaining ground it's just damn incremental slow and I have had to eliminate most of my fun stuff for now.  They are cooperating, and helping, but I drive the process and negotiate for harmony along the way.  My only other way is to go back on the road for the big bucks and I'm done with that shit. 

Offline Gabby

• 1K Member
  • I am not you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 12:22:38 AM »
What can I say?  They wanna see themselves real good when they are putting on makeup and doing their hair.  Gotta remember we still have a 19 yo around sometimes too.  I give zero shits, if I had my way only two of the bulbs would be on.  Those fixtures are what they wanted when I replaced them 12 years ago, and money was just falling outta the sky into my pocket.  Now, I'm trimming everywhere I can to live on 2008 wages with costs that have gone through the roof and trying to pay down debt and maximize retirement savings.  It's working, I'm gaining ground it's just damn incremental slow and I have had to eliminate most of my fun stuff for now.  They are cooperating, and helping, but I drive the process and negotiate for harmony along the way.  My only other way is to go back on the road for the big bucks and I'm done with that shit.

Ugh...Makeup. I own some but don't wear it often or wear a lot. Hair: It has a mind of it's own. I just have to tame it.
I hear you on the cutback. I'm trying to get the debt/income ratio down as well as the available/used credit.

While the move will be mostly paid by "employer", I'm still going to have to hit reserves for unexpected/non-covered shit.  But OFW. I'm seriously thinking of kicking the move into high gear.  If only we could see some HOUSES before I leave....

ETA: The time difference sux.
"What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?"
"Don't know, don't care."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If anyone finds my motivation wandering around, could you please send its lazy ass home? I have shit to do.

Offline team420

• shoulda listened....
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 07:56:32 AM »

Yep... cfl's suck...  but considering I have a couple 5 gal pails full... and they were FREE, I'll use them till I run out.  Once the stock starts getting low, they will be replaced with led's
Some people invent the slurpee, and some people just work at 7-11.

Offline KilgoreTrout

• The Lightbulb King
  • Administrator
  • 1K Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 08:58:16 AM »
I switched every bulb in my house to led, and added the led dimmer switches to the dining room and kitchen floods. They're fucking bright, have smooth dimming, and no noticeable delay. Most of mine are feit, but the regular lamp bulbs were TCP, I think? It cost me like $200 to do the whole house including the dimmers.
It sorta pissed me off that the g25 ones only came in 3 packs and I needed 4 bulbs. I just bought 2 packs and used the extras for our hallway fixture because it's got a big globe and they fit perfect.
The bathroom is like standing on the sun now. It was 260w before, and now it's brighter at like 44w.

SpaceCiggysForum

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 08:58:16 AM »

Enterprise © Bloc
Page created in 0.162 seconds with 18 queries.